Friday, June 29, 2012

Farewell to the Flat

The last dust bunnies are swept away. Lost treasures have been found--my little windup pony prances on the shelf again next to the spinning seal and the waddling robot. (And the ladybug who performs flips.)  My blue hoodie reappeared, to be tossed in the wash, since I have no idea where it's been. The heavy bookshelves were hauled out, the sticky hooks peeled off the walls, sometimes taking drywall paper with them :(  and all the clothes and books trundled through the door and down the sidewalk.

And so we're out.

Lavender Flat, you were lovely, a tiny empty gem we filled with clutter and quiet, strung with computer cords and busied with study. We've outgrown you--we really do need the extra bedroom and larger living spaces our new flat provides--but I will be ever grateful for your peaceful simple shelter.

And with a new home, a new blog! It's called Poised at Taylor's End. More on that when you get there, gentle reader: follow the link from my profile, or go to taylorsend.blogspot.com. I will meet you at my new home.

The writing room at Lavender Flat. Glorious books, fine to own, such fun to move.

1 comment:

  1. Good-bye, Lavender Flat! I enjoyed the "Patter!"
    I'll visit the new place shortly.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete